Monday, April 30, 2012

Mitt Romney, 2008: "I do not concur in the words of Barack Obama in a plan to enter an ally of ours... I don't think those kinds of comments help in this effort to draw more friends to our effort."

 From Mentat, from Here, at 2012-04-30 07:14:10 PM


"Any President would have given that order" Except Any President didn't. Only one man did.

 George Bush, 2004: "We haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban. But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his Al Qaeda killers anymore."

Mitt Romney, 2008: "I do not concur in the words of Barack Obama in a plan to enter an ally of ours... I don't think those kinds of comments help in this effort to draw more friends to our effort." 

 Mitt Romney, 2007: "I'm not very concerned about him. It's not worth moving heaven and earth to get one man." 

Mitt Romney, 2008: "We'll move everything to get him. But I don't want to buy into the Democratic pitch, that this is all about one person, Osama bin Laden. Because after we get him, there's going to be another and another....This is the worldwide jihadist effort to try and cause the collapse of all moderate Islamic governments and replace them with a caliphate."

Joe Biden, 2008: "In order to look tough, he's undermined his ability to be tough, were he President. Because if you're going to go into Pakistan - which is already our policy by the way, if there's actionable intelligence- you need actionable intelligence from moderates within Pakistan working with you. Now if you're already going to say 'I'm going to disregard whatever the country thinks and going to invade,' the likelihood you're getting the cooperation you need evaporates. It's a well intended notion he has, but it's a very naïve way of figuring out how you're going to conduct foreign policy."

Chris Dodd, 2008: "While General Musharraf is no Thomas Jefferson, he may be the only thing that stands between us and having an Islamic fundamentalist state in that country. So while I would like to see him change, the reality is, if we lose him, then what we face is an alternative that could be a lot worse for our country."

Hillary Clinton, 2008: "You can think big, but remember, you shouldn't always say everything you think if you're running for president, because it has consequences around the world."

Hillary Clinton, 2008: "Last summer, he basically threatened to bomb Pakistan, which I don't think was a particularly wise position to take." John McCain, 2008: "Will we risk the confused leadership of an inexperienced candidate who once suggested bombing our ally, Pakistan?" John

McCain, 2008: "The first thing you do is, you don't tell people what you're gonna to do. You make plans and you work with the other country that is your ally and friend, which Pakistan is. You don't broadcast and say that you're going to bomb a country without their permission or without consulting them. It's just fundamentals of the conduct of national security policy."

John McCain, 2008: "I'm not prepared at this time to cut off aid to Pakistan. So I'm not prepared to threaten it, as Senator Obama apparently wants to do, as he has said that he would announce military strikes into Pakistan. Now, you don't do that. You don't say that out loud. If you have to do things, you have to do things, and you work with the Pakistani government."

John McCain, 2008: "in fact, [Obama] said he wants to announce that he's going to attack Pakistan. Remarkable. If you are a country and you're trying to gain the support of another country, then you want to do everything you can that they would act in a cooperative fashion. When you announce that you're going to launch an attack into another country, it's pretty obvious that you have the effect that it had in Pakistan: It turns public opinion against us."

 Barack Obama, 2008: "If we have actionable intelligence on al Qaeda operatives, including [Osama] bin Laden, and President Musharraf cannot act, then we should. That's just common sense."

 Barack Obama, 2008: I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear: There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will."

Barack Obama, 2008: "Nobody talked about attacking Pakistan. Here's what I said, and if John wants to disagree with this, he can let me know: That, if the United States has al Qaeda, bin Laden, top-level lieutenants in our sights, and Pakistan is unable or unwilling to act, then we should take them out. Now, I think that's the right strategy; I think that's the right policy."


 Barack Obama, 2008: "And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden; we will crush Al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

 Barack Obama, 2008: "I want to be very clear about what I said. Nobody called for the invasion of Pakistan. Senator McCain continues to repeat this. What I said was the same thing that the audience here today heard me say, which is, if Pakistan is unable or unwilling to hunt down bin Laden and take him out, then we should,"

 Only one man had the balls to not only say what had to be said, but backed up his words with actions. Any President might have given the order, President Obama actually gave the order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hеllο there, You have done an incredible job.

I will certainly dіgg іt and ρerѕonally recommеnd to my
friendѕ. I аm sure they'll be benefited from this site.

my blog post: dysfonction erectile